The Shropshire flag is the recently-adopted flag of the English county of Shropshire. It was registered with the Flag Institute in March 2012.
he flag is a banner of the arms of the former Shropshire (or Salop) County Council which were awarded in 1895. The leopards' faces, fondly referred to as loggerheads locally, are a traditional emblem for Shropshire (and several of its towns) and have historically evolved from the loggerheads on the Shrewsbury town arms which themselves were first recorded in 1623. This originates presumably in the practice of carving some such motif on the head of the log used as a battering ram. The erminois aspect differentiates the county arms/flag with that of its county town.
The flag was flown above the Department for Communities and Local Government in April 2011 as part of a scheme to promote traditional English counties.