The flag of Bahia is one of the official symbols of the state of Bahia, Brazil. The current flag was introduced on 11 June 1960.
The Bahian physician, Dr. Deocleciano Ramos, presented the flag while serving as a representative during a meeting of the Republican Party in Salvador on 25 May 1889. The flag was adopted as the party's flag the following day.
The flag is strongly influenced by the flag of the United States, along with a triangle evocative of Freemasonry, which had already been adopted during the unsuccessful 1789 separatist movement of Inconfidência Mineira. The colors red, white, and blue had also appeared during the 1798 Bahian slave rebellion of the Revolt of the Tailors.
The flag was officially adopted by governor Juracy Magalhães, with Decree No. 17628 of 11 June 1960.