About the flag of Easton, Pennsylvania

According to local legend, the flag was hoisted when the Declaration of Independence was publicly read in Easton, 8 July 1776.

The flag was used as a company flag under Captain Abraham Horn in the War of 1812, and some suspect that the design may only date from this era. The flag was returned in 1821 to the Easton library for safe-keeping when the company returned. The Easton Area Public Library still holds the flag.

Das könnte Sie auch interessieren